You Can Learn
1. Advanced level of traditional techniques
(flower bud, double layered ken tsumami, using stacking base)
2. How to assemble in a modern way.
3. How to create masterpiece of tsumami kanzashi
Goal for this course
Develop the skills of assembling.
Ability to think and create contemporary style of artwork.
To complete making the traditional master piece of kanzashi.
Plum Blossom Corsage
In this lesson, we will make a lovely corsage using Habutae. The main flower is a double layered plum flower, with layered leaves, and small buds.
There are three points to learn this time: how to make the double-layered ken tsumami, the buds, and how to assemble it into a corsage using paper tape. It will be modern way and this technique is more simple to assemble flowers.
In this lesson, we will be making traditional tsumami kanzashi based on a work by a master craftsman named Ryunosuke Yokomizo, who is said to have made it around 1939-1940. The new technique we will learn is to use a stacking bases to make the petals look flat, but most techniques will be review of what we have already learned. To make this kanzashi, we will be using more than 200 pieces of habutae cloths.
1on1 Zoom Session
After completing all the assignments, you will get a review from an English-speaking instructor in the zoom session.
For the reservation, contact
- Course Text
- Technical terms and related vocabulary for tsumami zaiku
- 1. Lesson 1 Outline (1:13)
- 2. Tools And Materials (1:23)
- 3. How To Make Double Layered Dan-ume And Double Layered Ume (16:22)
- 4. How To Make A Double Layered Ken Tsumami (9:41)
- 5. How To Make A Double Layered Ken Tsumami（Left Handed Version） (2:17)
- 6. How To Make A Flower Bud (9:52)
- 7. How To Assemble (9:20)
- 8. Review Points For This Lesson (4:45)
- Course Text
- 1. Lesson 2 Outline (1:08)
- 2. Tools And Materials (1:30)
- 3. How To Make A Wired Stacking Base (2:03)
- 4-1. How To Make A Maru-giku ~Making Petals~ (14:23)
- 4-2. How To Make A Maru-giku ~Making Flowers~ (12:38)
- 5-1. How To Make A Ken-giku ~Making Petals~ (17:08)
- 5-2. How To Make A Ken-giku ~Making Flowers~ (10:31)
- 6. How To Assemble (12:52)
- 7. Review Points For This Lesson (3:59)
Course Materials Available!
You can choose to have materials for the lessons included or not!
You can make authentic Tsumami-zaiku with materials used by Japanese craftsmen if you choose to get a set of materials.
*Fabric color in the materials may be different from tutorial videos due to variations between lots.
Materials will be shipped via Japan Post.
*Due to Covid 19 and the war, in some countries, the shipping of materials has been stopped.
Please contact [email protected] before your enrollment.